Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Romance Block

This is Ani's Romance Block from the Crazy for Quilting Group. The block that she started was done in shades of pastels. This block is done in tones of greens and yellows. The colors have a little hint of blue tones to them. I added soft blue beads with soft green floss. The edge was done with the beads and a buttonhole bar insertion stitch. The flower I tried to make was a blue iris or small blue hydrangea blooms. The quote is as follows: I love thee, I love but thee with a love that shall not die, Till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old. This is about the third or fourth block that I have ever done any embellishing on. I hope that I am doing a good job. I am always wanting to perfect the skills that I have. That includes my floral design work as well. I should post some of my floral designs someday.

1 comment:

  1. Your motifs with the quotes are all so delicately done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments you made on my blog. I hope that you enjoyed your trip through my blog.