Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wedding design photos


On the 13th and 14th of June, I was asked to help a friend decorate a old corn crib that was turned into a small reception place. The reception hall is called The Grainery and is located in Cherokee IA. It has 5 - 6 bedrooms and can sleep up to 30 people family style. I was asked to decorate the entire outside deck area with white tulle and bows. They wanted to have both sides of the deck done and the small patio on the second floor. The arch was to have the tulle weaved through it but it wouldn't stay in place. I had to sew the tulle to the arch to keep it in place. I decorated the arch in with artificial greens and white flowers. If anyone wonder how much tulle it take to decorate a deck on a corn crib it is approximately about 150 - 200 yards of tulle and only took about 5 hours to complete. The mother of the bride and the bride wanted to have the bride and groom to have covered chairs for them. I personally made these chairs and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I made 2 extra covers for the couple as a gift to have a complete set for their family at home. I will add a few more pictures of the wedding as I decorated it with the family 's help. The wedding went off that weekend without any hint of rain or flooding at site. I and some of the had to drive through flood areas of Iowa to get to the Wedding. Some of the roads were opened the day we left and the 14th when some of the family came from the Cedar Rapids to Iowa City area in Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments you made on my blog. I hope that you enjoyed your trip through my blog.