Thursday, March 13, 2008

Purple Color Study Starter block & journal



I finally felt well enough to go and add the pictures to my blog from the CQ for Newbies Group quilt block and the journal that I made to go with the block. I made my block entirely out of cotton fabrics because I thought these fabrics will work the best when I build the blocks together to build a quilt later. The kittens make me worry if I use other more fancier fabrics that they might play with the blocks and start to play with a quilt when I build it. I try not to put beads on my blocks because of the little guys and the trouble they cause. I built a journal out of the same fabrics. I machine embroidered the seams of the block with coordinating threads in purple and yellow. I personalized the journal with my name. This was the first time I had ever attempted to add paper to fabric to make a book or journal. These were my Second and third attempt at making a Nakid Quilt Block.
I am also planning on starting to make a line of homemade Clothes for the American Girl Dolls. I want the line of clothing to be a modern line of clothes that is similar to what the young girls are wearing at this time. I believe that all girls should be allowed to express how they dress through their doll and her clothes. It is the imagination that keeps us all young in heart and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments you made on my blog. I hope that you enjoyed your trip through my blog.