Sunday, June 7, 2009

DYB - Lisa B Block



In the Yahoo Group Crazy Quilting International, I am currently in a Round Robin that is called DYB Anything Goes. The above blocks belong to Lisa. All six blocks have different fairies on them. I choose the Fairies that are holding the Hydrangea flowers. I stitched the block with different shades of yellow beads and green threads. The fairies are holding the Hydrangeas. You can't see the beads very well but in the center of the hydrangeas each has a pale yellow beads. That is on both of the hydrangeas. The taller fairy has a brighter yellow beads that accent the layers of the dress she is wearing. The patch above the fairies I made a spider web with a spider and jeweled leaves that look stuck in the web. The patch to the left of the Fairies I made a Pale yellow Beaded Larkspur flower. I could even be Delphnium. When I try to stitch flowers I try and make them look as realistic as possilbe. I guess since I work with flowers everyday I want them to look similar to what I work with. The patch to the right of the fairies I decided to put the letter "L" in pink. I also added a couple of jeweled dragonflies to the patch. The patch below the fairies is stitched with a flower that looks similar to a row of daisies or pansies.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments you made on my blog. I hope that you enjoyed your trip through my blog.