Sunday, July 5, 2009

DYB Simona' s Block



This is the 3rd set of blocks out of 6 sets. This set of blocks belongs to Simona from Italy. This is the Do Your Block Anything Goes Round Robin in the Crazy Quilting International Yahoo Group.
Simona decided that she wanted her blocks to have a Under the Sea theme to them.
The block that I choose had a look to it that seemed to look like a shelf that might be in the bottom of the Ocean or Sea. The accents that I added are as follows. In the lower right corner I used a beaded Ribbon to add the affect of a Fish making bubbles in the water. The beads are in a shade of blues. The Green Seaweed or Water Grass is stitched with different shades of Green DMC floss. The seam above the Blue Bubbles is made to look like a Coral Reef shelf on seam. I used a pale yellow to a med. yellow glass bead to get the above affect. The space in the Center front. I only added a few different shaped fish to that space. The Fish are done in a shade of yellow or gold thread, and added a yellow glass bead for the eye portion of the fish.

Laura

1 comment:

Thank you for the comments you made on my blog. I hope that you enjoyed your trip through my blog.