Saturday, August 9, 2008

July Purple study block
















This is the final month of the Purple color study round robin in the Cq for Newbies. My final block to work on belonged to Connie S. of North Dakota. I made a tree in shades of purple threads for the trunk. The leaves of the tree are made out of assorted purple and clear beads. I was reading a article on Cqmagonline.com about how to stitch the trunks of different types of trees. It also tells you how to make style the different types of leaves for the trees.
Some of the others in our little group added some fun stitching to this block as well. One person added a Ornately detail fan with beads, a spiderweb with a spider made out of button, a pretty cat button, and different types of motifs and stitches all done in purple. The next color study that we are doing is in shades of yellow.
When I started doing this color study I never knew how much people liked the different shades of purple. I have done this wedding season so far 3 weddings in shades of purple and have at least 3 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments you made on my blog. I hope that you enjoyed your trip through my blog.