Sunday, August 10, 2008

June FFT Sampler Block














The sampler series that I belong to in the CQ International Group is a teaching various stitches online class and get use to being part of a Quilting group. The block I had this month belonged to Kathy W. , at the right is the block that she sent to me with the Butterfly motif and the herringbone stitch with beads.
The month of June we were to add a cretan stitch, but the directions I had said chevron stitch. So I did a chevron stitch with detached chain to look similar to a flower with a cantaloupe bead in the center. The other motif was to be a spider rose but wasn't able to find the ribbon for this block, so I made a few beaded flowers with shades of brown and golds for the stems. The next person to work on this block was to be Sandra but Kathy decided not to stay with the group so her block was sent back home to her. The month of July, I get to work on Carol's block so maybe I can get to practice the spider rose on her block.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments you made on my blog. I hope that you enjoyed your trip through my blog.