Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cathy's autumn block


In the Crazy 4 Quilting group I am in the Autumn Round Robin. The above block belongs to Cathy's of Illinois. The theme of her block is a Walk in the Autumn leaves. You can see it very well because of the sheen of fabric and ribbon. The ribbon that I used is a copper wire type that I found at work in the corsage ribbon section. The ribbon made a great type of path fro the leaves to follow. The red dots are red seed beads. I did a variation of the chevron stitch for the seam treatment. This is the first block that I embellished in this Round Robin. I have just 12 more to do over the next year. I will get to see different variations of the autumn color palette. This block is made of different styles and different shades of brown, green and shades and types of leaves. different shades of brown, green and shades and types of leaves. Looking forward to working on the rest of the blocks in the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments you made on my blog. I hope that you enjoyed your trip through my blog.