Monday, December 8, 2008

Romance Block - Rae's




The above quilt block is from the Crazy 4 quilting group at Yahoo. The block belongs to Rae in Sweden, with all the blocks that I embellish I try to use one of the romance quotes from the fabric of my block that is going around the group to be embellished. The quote is written in a red DMC floss. The quote reads as follows: Love Rules the court, the camp, the grove and the men below and the saints for love is heaven and heaven. I did a different type of seam that was to represent a flower stem. I was trying to add the sequin or button flowers that someone else had done already. I thought they needed a little extra to their look. The seam below the quote was done by someone else and I did not want to add anything to the simplicity of the overall block's look. This round robin has been going for about a year and is almost done. I think that I only have about 2-3 blocks left to embellish in this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments you made on my blog. I hope that you enjoyed your trip through my blog.