Friday, December 5, 2008

Giant Bows















I made these bows for above our flower cooler at work. The bow to the left is as large as a standard size patio door or if you ever go to a walk in flower cooler it's two doors in length. The bow is made with stiff interfacing and elastic to make each section puff and look more bow like. On the back side I used the plastic ring holders to hang from the slat board wall and hooks. This bow takes 3 yards of fabric and twice that in interfacing. The second bow is a little smaller, it's about 1 cooler door in size or about the size of a 70 inch window. I only had to make two of this size for each side of the large one. This bow is about 1 1/2 yards in size. I didn't buy all of the interfacing, but I know that I bought 7 1/2 yards of 18" wide and it was used in the large bow and 1 of the small bows. That's a lot of interfacing and fabric. I used about 8 yards of fabric and 2 yards of elastic besides the regular notions that you use for sewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments you made on my blog. I hope that you enjoyed your trip through my blog.